Wyoming Whiskey celebrates 10 years of whiskey making with the recent release of their 10 Year Anniversary Edition Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
A statement from Wyoming Whiskey explains that in honor of the anniversary, founding Master Distiller Steve Nally and Master Blender Nancy Fraley have barrel selected and batched a 10-year-old rye bourbon worthy of the milestone.
This expression comes from 20 of the rarest casks at the Wyoming Whiskey distillery that were filled in November and December of 2011, and is the oldest whiskey ever released by the brand.
“Over the last 10 years, these barrels have quietly evolved into something extraordinary,” said Wyoming Whiskey Co-Founder David DeFazio.
A decade ago, Brad and Kate Mead and David DeFazio launched their flagship small batch bourbon as they helped extend the bourbon frontier to the Rocky Mountains.
Cattle ranchers and attorneys by trade, the trio headed to Kentucky where they teamed with Bourbon Hall of Famer Steve Nally. They already had the land, water and grains they needed to produce bourbon, they needed the leadership and knowledge of a world-renowned distiller to put the pieces together.
“We are proud to honor our roots in this state with an exceptional 10-year-old whiskey created by the fusion of Wyoming water, Wyoming grains and Wyoming weather,” said Co-founder Brad Mead. “We will always distill our whiskey the right way, not the easy way.”
Wyoming Whiskey 10 Year Anniversary Edition Rye Bourbon distiller’s notes:
- MASH BILL: 68% corn, 20% rye, 12% malted barley;
- AGE: 10.5 years;
- ABV: 51.7%, 103.4 proof;
- COLOR: After 10 years in the barrel, it’s a deep copper to mahogany color;
- NOSE: Notes of Rye Manhattan cocktails with brandied cherries, medjool dates in thick syrup, cayenne pepper-candied pecans, and baklava drizzled with orange blossom honey;
- PALATE: Candied yams with pecans and toasted marshmallows, black currant liqueur, sweet cornbread muffins with honey butter, and cinnamon toast with blackberry-maple syrup;
- FINISH: Lingering notes of dark dried fruit mingled with warming brown baking spices;
- SRP: $199.99.
Wyoming Whiskey and its portfolio of products are a collaboration between its partners and 97,818 square miles of Wyoming. The Mead family first came to Wyoming as ranchers in 1890. They use corn, winter wheat, winter rye, barley, and water from the Bighorn Basin and promote Wyoming’s natural and human resources.
Wyoming Whiskey’s 10 Year Anniversary Edition is available in select US markets including California, Colorado, Georgia, Maine, New York and Wyoming.
For more information or to find a bottle, check out www.wyomingwhiskey.com.