Record flooding in Eastern Kentucky last month left a wake of catastrophic damage and killed at least 37 people.
Members of the Buffalo Trace team suffered loss of extended family members as well.
And to help raise funds for disaster relief, Buffalo Trace partnered with Menish Productions on six rare and unique whiskey packages, including a VIP tour of Buffalo Trace Distillery, through an online auction running now through Aug. 25th at 7 p.m.
Up for bid are a complete set of Pappy Van Winkle whiskies (including Van Winkle Rye), a complete set of Buffalo Trace’s Antique Collection, including a 2020 George T. Stagg, Blanton’s, Double Eagle Very Rare, and other exclusive offerings.
The items offered are:
- One Van Winkle Whiskey set which includes:
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Old Bourbon
- Van Winkle 12 year old “Lot B” Bourbon
- Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye Whiskey
- Pappy Van Winkle 15 year old Bourbon
- Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old Bourbon
- Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old Bourbon
- One Buffalo Trace Distillery Antique Collection (BTAC) set including:
- William Larue Weller Bourbon (125.3 proof)
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye (129.5 proof)
- Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Bourbon (101 proof)
- Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old Bourbon (90 proof)
- 2020 George. T. Stagg Bourbon (130.4 proof)
- One Double Eagle Very Rare Bourbon.
- Two sets of Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon, each package includes:
- Blanton’s Single Barrel Domestic Bourbon (93 proof)
- Blanton’s Single Barrel Gold edition Bourbon (103 proof)
- Blanton’s Straight From the Barrel Bourbon (proof varies)
- Barrel head signed by Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley
- VIP tour for four at Buffalo Trace Distillery
- One Old Charter Oak Bourbon collection which includes:
- Old Charter Oak Mongolian Oak Bourbon
- Old Charter Oak French Oak Bourbon
- Old Charter Oak Canadian Oak Bourbon
- Old Charter Oak Chinkapin Oak Bourbon
“The loss of lives, housing, infrastructure, and even basic necessities most of us take for granted is devastating,” said Mark Brown, chief executive officer for Buffalo Trace Distillery, in a prepared statement. “We hope our bourbon community, who we know can be very generous, really shows its support and we’re able to raise an unheralded amount of funds for Eastern Kentucky disaster relief.”
You can check out the details on the auction and how to bid at https://www.proxibid.com/Menish-Productions/Kentucky-Flood-Relief-Benefit-Auction/event-catalog/227310. All proceeds from the auction will go to disaster relief in Eastern Kentucky.