We’re all partial to a warming mulled wine at this time of year, but what if you want something a little different?
A Christmas cocktail with a twist may be the answer, and there is nothing more quintessentially Christmas than a mince pie.
So why not combine it with booze?
The mince pie old fashioned is the perfect way to get a hit of festive flavour, while raising a toast to the most wonderful time of the year.
This cocktail is the dreamy concoction of Rich Woods, founder of Lost Property Office bar – and he’s not gatekeeping the recipe.
Here’s how to make it at home.
To get the mince pie infused alcohol:
- Add 250ml of Bourbon or scotch whisky into a sealable, non-reactive container and mix in 100g of mince pie filling
- Seal and place in the microwave on medium for 2 minutes
- Remove and mix the ingredients. Replace the lid and heat for a further 2 minutes
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool, before placing in the fridge for 2 hours
- Place a funnel into a clean bottle and line with a coffee filter. Drain the liquid, ensuring the mincemeat is left behind
For the finishing touches:
- Pour 60ml of the infused cocktail into your desired old fashioned glass with 15ml of scotch whisky
- Fill with ice and stir well until chilled and diluted. Serve
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.