News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Inovalis Real Estate Investment Trust (the “REIT”) (TSX: INO.UN) today announced the closing of the disposition of the Courbevoie property located in the La Defence area of Paris for €27.2 million (CAD $39.4 million), €6.4 million (CAD $9.3 million) above the Q3 2022 €20.8 million (CAD $30.1 million) fair market value. The €17.2 million (CAD $24.9 million) net proceeds from the sale are slated for redeployment into other investment opportunities.
President Stephane Amine commented “Today’s closing marks the achievement of another of the REIT’s 2022 strategic initiatives and frees up capital to deploy next year. We believe 2023 will be a year of transition where capital will be key to secure opportunities. The continued demand for space in office properties in France and Germany still form an enduring foundation for European office real estate investment.”
All amounts have been converted to Canadian dollars (CAD $) using an exchange rate of 1.4485 CAD $ per €.
Although management believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking information are reasonable, no assurance can be given that these expectations will prove to be correct, and since forward-looking information inherently involves risks and uncertainties, undue reliance should not be placed on such information.
Certain material factors or assumptions are applied in making forward-looking statements and actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. The estimates and assumptions, which may prove to be incorrect, include, but are not limited to, the various assumptions set forth in this document as well as the following:
- the ability to continue to receive financing on acceptable terms;
- the future level of indebtedness and the REIT’s future growth potential will remain consistent with current expectations;
- the success of the asset recycling program;
- there will be no changes to tax laws adversely affecting the REIT’s financing capability, operations, activities, structure, or distributions;
- the REIT will retain and continue to attract qualified and knowledgeable personnel as the portfolio and business grow;
- the impact of the current economic climate and the current global financial conditions on operations, including the REIT’s financing capability and asset value, will remain consistent with current expectations;
- there will be no material changes to government and environmental regulations that could adversely affect operations;
- conditions in the international and, in particular, the French, German, Spanish and other European real estate markets, including competition for acquisitions, will be consistent with past conditions;
- capital markets will provide the REIT with readily available access to equity and/or debt financing; and
- the impact the COVID-19 pandemic and geopolitical conflict in the Ukraine and Russia will have on the REIT’s operations, the demand for the REIT’s properties and global supply chains and economic activity in general.
The REIT cautions that this list of assumptions is not exhaustive. Although the forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based upon assumptions that management believes are reasonable based on information currently available to management, there can be no assurance that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements.
When relying on forward-looking statements to make decisions, the REIT cautions readers not to place undue reliance on these statements, as forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results and will not necessarily be accurate indications of whether or not, or the times at or by which, such performance or results will be achieved. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ, possibly materially, from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to:
- the REIT’s ability to execute its growth and capital deployment strategies;
- the REIT’s ability to execute its asset recycling program;
- the impact of changing conditions in the European office market;
- the marketability and value of the REIT’s portfolio;
- changes in the attitudes, financial condition and demand in the REIT’s demographic markets;
- fluctuation in interest rates and volatility in financial markets;
- the duration and ultimate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and related government interventions as well as the geopolitical conflict in the Ukraine and Russia on the REIT’s business, operations and financial results;
- general economic conditions, including any continuation or intensification of the current economic downturn;
- developments and changes in applicable laws and regulations; and
- such other factors discussed under ‘‘Risk Factors and Uncertainties’’ in the REIT’s Annual Information Form.
If any risks or uncertainties with respect to the above materialize, or if the opinions, estimates or assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results or future events might vary materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of providing information about management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future. Certain statements included in this press release may be considered a ‘‘financial outlook’’ for purposes of applicable Canadian securities laws, and as such, the financial outlook may not be appropriate for purposes other than this press release. All forward-looking statements are based only on information currently available to the REIT and are made as of the date of this press release. Except as expressly required by applicable Canadian securities law, the REIT assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. All forward-looking statements in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements.
About Inovalis REIT
Inovalis REIT is a real estate investment trust listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canada. It was founded in 2013 by Inovalis and invests in office properties in primary markets of France, Germany and Spain. It holds 14 assets representing 470 million Euros of AuM. Inovalis REIT acquires (indirectly) real estate properties via CanCorpEurope, authorized Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) by the CSSF in Luxemburg, and managed by Inovalis S.A.
About Inovalis Group
Inovalis S.A. is a French Alternative Investment fund manager, authorized by the French Securities and Markets Authority (AMF) under AIFM laws. Inovalis S.A. and its subsidiaries (Advenis S.A., Advenis REIM) invest in and manage Real Estate Investment Trusts such as Inovalis REIT, open ended funds (SCPI) with stable real estate focus such as Eurovalys (for Germany) and Elialys (Southern Europe), Private Thematic Funds raised with Inovalis partners to invest in defined real estate strategies and direct Co-investments on specific assets.
Inovalis Group (www.inovalis.com), founded in 1998 by Inovalis SA, is an established pan European real estate investment player with EUR 7 billion of AuM and with offices in all the world’s major financial and economic centers in Paris, Luxembourg, Madrid, Frankfurt, Toronto and Dubai. The group is comprised of 300 professionals, providing Advisory, Fund, Asset and Property Management services in Real Estate as well as Wealth Management services.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221222005582/en/
David Giraud, Chief Executive Officer
Inovalis Real Estate Investment Trust
Tel: +33 1 5643 3323
Khalil Hankach, Chief Financial Officer
Inovalis Real Estate Investment Trust
Tel: +33 1 5643 3313
Source: Inovalis Real Estate Investment Trust