Sliabh Liag Distillers has announced the launch of The Midnight Silkie Irish Whiskey in the United States.
Inspired by company founder James Doherty’s childhood memories of the aroma of his grandfather’s tobacco pipe, Midnight Silkie is composed of triple distilled, peated and unpeated single malts matured in sherry, bourbon, oloroso, red wine, virgin oak, and imperial stout casks, bottled non-chill filtered and with no added coloring at 46% ABV.
As with all other Silkie Irish Whiskeys in the range (Silkie and Dark Silkie), Sliabh Liag Distillers offers full transparency of Midnight’s blend:
- Triple distilled, unpeated single malt matured in Sherry and Virgin barrels (30%)
- Triple distilled, unpeated single malt matured in Imperial Stout barrels (20%)
- Triple distilled single malt peated to 55ppm and matured in Bourbon barrels (35%)
- Triple distilled, unpeated single malt matured in Oloroso (5%)
- Triple distilled, unpeated single malt matured in Red Wine barrels (10%)
The Midnight Silkie is described as having aromas of “muscovado sugar, pipe smoke, Christmas spice, sandalwood, orange zest, baked apples, chocolate orange, and sweet tobacco.” The palate has notes of “molasses, peat smoke, pipe ash, raisins, sultanas, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, toffee apples, toasted oak, tobacco, leather, and a hint of pine, blood oranges, and sweet grapefruit.” It finishes with “sweet spice that melts gently away and leaves a comforting dried fruit and peat fire warmth.”
The Midnight Silkie Irish Whiskey is rolling out now across the United States and carries a suggested retail price of $46.99.
Photo credit: Sliabh Liag Distllers.
Source: Sliabh Liag Distllers.